Facilities management is a dynamic field that requires leaders to apply strategic thinking, foresight, and strong communication skills to ensure the vitality of the institution's physical assets. Though the organization of the facilities unit may vary greatly between institutions, their facilities consume significant financial, human, and other resources.
NACUBO's Facilities Management self-paced online course is designed to offer foundational knowledge and insight into one of the largest administrative units and largest assets operated by colleges and universities. This course features content from NACUBO's core reference manual, College and University Business Administration, and explores facilities topics deemed of most value by subject matter experts.
In its entirety, the course should take 50–75 minutes to complete. Complete the course at your own pace–one module at a time or in one sitting.
- The Facilities Organization (10–15 minutes)
- Facilities as a Capital Asset (10–15 minutes)
- Planning (10–15 minutes)
- Building and Space Management (10–15 minutes)
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) (10–15 minutes)
After completing this course, you will be able to—
- Articulate key elements of facilities management organizational structure and its role within the larger campus ecosystem
- Identify categories of maintenance and methods for prioritizing facilities projects
- Evaluate institutional financial planning decisions using facilities audits, strategic facilities plans, and capital plans
CPE Available Per Module: 0.2 Credits in Management Services
CPE Available for Full Completion of Course: 1 Credit in Management Services
Each individual must register for and complete the course separately to earn credit.
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org
- Prerequisites: None
- Level: Intermediate
- Type: Nano Learning
- Length: 50–75 minutes
How to Earn CPE Credit
To earn CPE credit for this microlearning course, you will complete the following tasks under the Modules tab:
- Complete each module and pass their quizzes.
- Download your CPE certificate.