Leadership Competencies for a Chief Business Officer
This microlearning course includes four short modules on leadership topics within the business office.
- Understanding the Importance of Communication (2 minutes)
- Understanding the Unexpected (2 minutes)
- Understanding the Importance of Honesty and Trust (2 minutes)
- Understanding the Importance of Building Relationships (2 minutes)
- Bronté Burleigh-Jones, vice president, finance and administration, Dickinson College
- Brett Dalton, chief business officer, Baylor University
- Gregg Goldman, vice chancellor and CFO, University of California-Los Angeles
- Lynne Schaefer, vice president, finance and administration, University of Maryland Baltimore County
Speakers titles are listed as they were at the time of the recordings and may have since changed.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify some leadership skills necessary for success in a higher education business office.
- Recognize the communication elements needed for successful campus leadership.
- Identify methods for building relationships across the business office in order to foster a collaborative and successful working environment.
Last Updated: March 24, 2020
CPE Available: 0.2 Credits in Personal Development
Each individual must register for and complete the course separately to earn credit.
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org
- Prerequisites: None
- Level: Basic
- Type: Nano Learning
- Length: 10 minutes
How to Earn CPE Credit
To earn CPE credit for this microlearning course, you will complete the following tasks under the Modules tab. The Modules tab will be visible once you are registered and logged in.
- Watch the videos in each module.
- Pass the course quiz.
- Download your CPE certificate.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|